Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dear Mr. Sandman, Where the HELL were you last night?

This morning found me completely sleep deprived. I didn't get some sort of sleep until about five in the morning and then got up just an hour and a half later. The reason is that from the moment the sunset to about the time it rose again, the sky was littered with the most vivid lightning show. There were moments when my room was lit up with a bright white light. I would liken the experience to being in a room with a strobe light...and a low, bass-filled sound system as the soft, distant rumbling of thunder kicked in.
Don't get me wrong, I love storms- in all shapes and sizes...and brightness-es. But as I mentioned in my last post, I'm just constantly exhausted as of late. So I'm just sitting at my desk, trying my darndest to keep my eyes open. Gravity has a vice grip on my lashes wanting to draw closed the shades of my eyes. Its a battle I cannot lose. I am stubborn.
So far the only short-lived cure is popping cinnamon Altoids. Not too bad, I love cinnamon. I just can't feel my tongue.

No comments: