Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Who'll Stop the Rain

Yes, I used a Creedence Clearwater Revival (or CCR, if you are hip and in the know) song title as the title of my blog. It fits. Sue me.

There is a nice reprieve from the rain. Torrential rain. I love it. Tropical Storm Hermine has passed through. It had been raining for two days almost non-stop, pretty much. Despite the humidity and raging pain in one of my knees as a result, I enjoyed it all. And now its in the lower 70s. Nice!

I had a pretty lackluster holiday weekend. Spending time with family is always draining. I'm not sure if its because they talk too loud or because I'm the black sheep. Yeah, they mostly sat with their backs to me. I went out of obligation. I have all but given up on trying to maintain relationships with them. It doesn't really bother me anymore. I've known from a very very early age that my parents have favored, considerably, my older sibling. The only trade off in attending family functions is the hope of seeing one of my cousin's kids. She adores me to no end. I still don't know what it is that makes her look up to me. I don't know if its because I take time to listen to her (although everyone should, she's not even in double digits age-wise but she has such a mouth on her and is beyond opinionated) or if its because I give her advice. Either way, she's great! If not for her, I wouldn't even bother showing up.
It was just the type of weekend where all I wanted to do was crawl into bed and laze around. Maybe do a little baking. But lately I've been beyond exhausted. I hate naps so anytime I have to just lay down for a bit (although its more like four hours). My body hates me and is rebelling.
Good times!

No comments: