Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sanitizing my Sanity

Although the weather has some catching up to do, its apparent that Autumn is in full swing here in South Texas.
The leaves aren't exactly turning yet (at least not here), but the fall allergens have come on full-force.
My nose is stuffy, my eyes are itchy and a little red (as is my skin). Yeah, that makes for good times (sarcastically said).
So for a brief period of time, I've decided to limit my outdoor time. It started out OK, but now I'm just going crazy. I can't be cooped up inside for very long because then my "obsessive compulsive" tendencies come out to play. I start cleaning. Now, cleaning isn't a bad thing at all....that is unless you are sitting on the floor of the tub with a toothbrush and a mixture of peroxide and baking soda, scrubbing the grout between the tiles. And right now, my body shouldn't be doing such things. Ordinarily I wouldn't care if my back was sore for a week, just so long as every surface was shiny and clean. This time, because of recent developments, I simply cannot. I'm just sitting here trying to do things to distract myself from the urge to clean, clean, clean. Even though things aren't dirty here. Just a little dusty. But its South Texas. Its always dusty.

2 comments:

Just Two Chicks said...

Hmmmm... I've never been to South Texas I don't think. I've been to Galveston... does that count? Allergens are bad but nothing is looking pretty and fallish here either. I totally understand the OCD... I get that way too and will clean until I can't move. I just consider that a workout and reward myself with something yummy. :)

Velvet_Heaven said...

Lol I'm sure Galveston counts! I'm more towards South Central Texas. Far from the coast...unfortunately.
Certain health circumstances keep me from being able to clean so...compulsively. Bastards!