Tuesday, February 1, 2011

This Bitch is Back

Well, yes, it has been some time since I last posted. Life has been surprisingly busy. And now South Texas is gearing up for some actual winter weather. Its cold out there. I love it!
The holidays were good. Spend some nice time with the family. For once.
New Year's was decent as well. I know I'm gettin old when I have a hard time keeping my eyes open til midnight. I didn't make any New Year's Resolutions. And anyway if I did, I probably wouldn't mention them to anyone else. I don't need to broadcast the lies I make to myself. I jest! I guess much respect for those who not only set but keep their resolutions. As for me, I decided a long time ago that I would just continue to do as I have always done: try each day to the be the best person I can and live my life to the best of my ability.
But enough about New Years. Its already gonna be Groundhog Day. That's if the groundhog isn't completely snowed in. I wonder if he ever thinks "I got out of bed for this?" Probably not. He's just a groundhog.
I'm freezing. I think I need to go make some cocoa. Or tea. But definitely paired with something sweet to eat. I love sweets. Lately, my gluttonous indulgence of choice is donuts. The other day I had a chocolate glazed donut, my first in some time, and it was just the best thing ever. It was soft, fresh and the chocolate glaze was just perfection.
Ok, now I'm hungry.

2 comments:

Just Two Chicks said...

Woohoo! Welcome back! Our winter weather is here for the second day in a row. I think I am one of the few people who enjoys not leaving the house though. People all over Facebook are complaining about cabin fever, not me!

I was craving donuts today! A yummy jelly donut!!!

Velvet_Heaven said...

Thanks for the "welcome back"! I love cold weather especially when it gives me the excuse to stay in! Of course I still go out and sit on the back porch all bundled up but, hey, its fresh air!

I love donuts! Jelly donuts are just little bits of heaven sent by the gods.