Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Its official!!!

So my day started out good. The not-so-good I'm choosing to leave out. I'd like to focus on what made me feel great and is getting me through this time.

I love when I get texts from Sweetness. There were a couple of concerns that needed ironing out and we accomplished this. Then, in true Sweetness fashion...

Sweetness: Thank you for putting me at ease
Me: Always. Come to me when you need to, NO hesitations
Sweetness: There's one tiny little thing
Me: Ok.
Sweetness: Promise you won't get mad?
Me: I'll try not to. I hate making promises like that.
Sweetness: Baby. Please. Promise??
Me: Grr...fine.
Sweetness: Be my girl...officially? :)
Me (pissed, but surprised and happy): Of course!! Jerk.

And then the rest of the convo was just being happy that I am his girlfriend and he is my boyfriend. Hmm...typing that out for the first time is...I don't have words for it. Exciting. Happy. Strange.
I mean, that last word...I never expected us to get to this point and it seems like such a major step for us. He said that he felt great about us, but was also scared. I said that I think that was just a part of beginning any relationship and he said that he has never been scared before. I don't know what to think of that. But then he went on to say that he was happy to have the best relationship of his life and...

Sweetness: For the first time I'm in love with someone who's good for me.

That really just made my day. For me, I just feel that for the first time, I'm in love with someone who is in love with me back. I honestly feel that he truly is in love with me. He's done nothing but prove it to me over and over again.
I'm amused at how we've gone about being in a relationship all "wrong"... first we decide we should live together, then we realize we're in love and NOW we're boyfriend/girlfriend?? I guess whatever works!!
Now, if everything else goes well, I'll be a completely happy crazy girl.

No comments: