Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hmm...

So, I'm supposed to have a date with a friend of a friend some time within the next week. He lives a couple hours away from me, but supposedly is pretty interested in seeing what happens with me. Its a nice feeling.

However, I unloaded onto Sweetness when I didn't intend to.. I was telling him about the impending date and blarrrrrgh it all came out. I don't know. All he had to say was "I love you". I told him for sure how I felt. So, at least one way or another, I have confirmation. I don't need to hope or wonder anymore.
It hurts, but that'll take time to go away and honestly I've been crying a little here and there.

Onwards and upwards.

1 comment:

Just Two Chicks said...

Oooh, a date!!! AND it sounds like someone completely removed from any drama that may be going on... even better!! I really hope this guy is every good thing you deserve. If not, you'll know right off. As old fashioned as this may be, he needs to open your doors for you, smile at you often, look you in the eye, and listen to every word you say with intense interest. MOST importantly, he needs to make you laugh, and to make you feel beautiful. If he doesn't, he needs to hit the road right away. Watch for red flags and KNOW they won't get better over time. They only get worse...

This is how I went into my first date with the wife...
I had a list of things I would compromise on, a list of must haves, and a list of things I would not at all accept. I stuck to the list. Little did I know she too came into the date with the same rules... and a few extra I didn't know about. We both passed the test ;)

Have fun and make sure he treats you right!!

Oh and that guy who commented on your other post is right... don't spill your guts until you're sure he's worth it. No one deserves all of you until they give you all of them!!